Friday, July 24, 2009

Blessings in disguise



"Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default."

~~ J.K. Rowling


This is a post I've been anticipating for a while.

You see---- as I type these words on July 18, 2009--- I still have a job. But I am almost positive that very soon (in the next few weeks or so), I won't. So if you are seeing this post after July 18th, it's because the premonition has come true. The economy is hitting everyone hard, and that includes the PR firm I work for. I've been laid off.

Here's the deal, though. I'm not that upset about it.

No, I haven't lost my mind. Yet. ;) Rather, I've decided that this is happening for a reason. This is the Universe's way of telling me, "okay, so you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" It's time for me to put my own observations in this very blog to the test.

I've LOVED writing this. I find myself thinking of topics constantly. Right now, I have at least 30 half-written or barely-written posts on various topics that I haven't had time to finish. As much as I loved the teaching aspects of my PR media training job, I found myself too exhausted at the end of the day to do what I consider to be my first love: writing.

So. I'm going to take the theories and entries and ideas that prompted this blog... and finally put something solid together (most likely a book). I keep getting signs that this is what I'm supposed to be doing, and I feel pretty damn good about it.

Of course--- I'm looking for work as well. Gotta pay the bills, after all. As a matter of fact, if anyone reading this knows of anything.... ;)

We'll see what happens. I figure I have to at least TRY though. I shouldn't be afraid of failure, right? Look what it did for J.K. Rowling.

NOTE: no, I don't expect anything I write to reach Harry Potter status... just referring to her words above. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.