Sunday, June 28, 2009

Live like a kid


It's been a VERY long week (and it's really not over... even though we are just about to enter a new week). My apologies for not posting anything.

That being said, I keep forgetting that I've posted things in other places that I can always share on this blog.... so here's one I put on my FB page late last month. :)

==============

I'm sure almost everyone has heard the Robert Fulghum poem, "All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten."

I was thinking of that poem this evening as I watched my kindergartner play at the park. I decided to jot down notes as I watched him approach kids he'd never met before... forming instant bonds.

And I came to the conclusion that six-year-olds are seriously underrated.

*******

"All I Really Need to Know I'm Learning from My Kindergartner"

Talk to people you don't know, you may find a best friend.

Never pass a swing without taking a ride.

Splash in a puddle simply because it's there.

Laughing is good. Do it when you're happy, and even when you aren't.

Make art using anything you can find. Create the extraordinary out of the ordinary.

Sing for no reason.

Play outside as long as you can.

Question injustice.

Greet loved ones as though you've missed them forever.

Love fearlessly and fiercely.

Ignore the regular trail and create your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.